January 4, 2012

Lisbon!

Don't be fooled by the title, I spent New Years in Sevilla (Seville) which was amazing! Went to a huge party that had an international food buffet then out to a crazy night club. In Spain the tradition is to eat one grape for every chime of the clock at the midnight of New Years in order to have good luck for the coming year. The square we were at had a huge clock and bell so we all stood around waiting for the chimes. I couldn't hear the chimes (or something like that) so ended up eating 12 grapes within the last 5 rings... and they had seeds. The Spanish sure know how to party, I had a great night with some really cool people!

I am now in Lisbon for about 5 days. There is so much to do here, I want to take my time and see all the sites. On Sunday I head to the coast for a week long vacation on the beach! Looking forward to that. 

Oh my, I think I figured out how to upload better quality photos from my phone! This just made my day....if it works!



Some awesome graffiti along the banks to the Quadalquivir (??) River in Sevilla. They were huge, this is a picture of maybe a third of one. 






Tram in Lisbon. Lisbon is a very hilly city making my morning runs harder than I would like for a morning run! My legs are sore today... must rest up before my vacation. 


Lots of the building fronts in Lisbon are covered in these beautiful tiles. They are about 6x6" all over 5 story buildings and are all different patterns. This one is my favorite so far. 


I am so far away from the bridge at this point but it looks just like the one in San Fran! Its red too... so along with the hills and tram, if I did't know any better, I would think I was in the USA. Another reason why I love Portugal is because just about everyone speaks english! Its a nice change from Spain where almost no one does... only means that before my next trip to Spain I need to brush up on some Spanish. I also like the coffee in Portugal more. 

Adeus! (practicing my Portuguese)

K

2 comments:

  1. Great artwork- looks 3-D. I want that tile for above the kitchen stove!Good New Years party too.
    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says; "the beach for a vacation? Isn't she on vacation already?" Ha Ha
    XO Mom

    ReplyDelete